The Forest Foodbank
Helping local people in crisisLearn more
three-day emergency food supplies given to people in crisis last year
the year that our foodbank opened
of the UK population live below the poverty line
Find out how to get help from our foodbank.
We need your support. Find out how to get involved.
We rely on the support of our local community for food donations, volunteering and finances. Can you help us stop UK hunger?
Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.
The Forest Food Bank is in need of:-
Tinned Soup, UHT Milk, Juice(Long Life), Tinned tomatoes, Tinned fish, Tinned meat, Tinned potatoes, Instant mash, Tea, Biscuits, Tinned vegetables, Cereal, Pasta, Tinned custard, Sponge puddings, Tinned Rice Pudding, Instant Noodles, Rice ready meals, Instant Pasta Meals, Toiletries, Chocolate & snacks, Crisps, Jam, Sugar,Baked Beans!
Foodbank Manager Needed
VOLUNTEER FOODBANK MANAGER
A position has opened up at the Forest Foodbank for a volunteer Foodbank Manager. The job is ideal for some one who has had previous Management experience to manage and coordinate the day to day running of the Forest Foodbank and the main point of contact. The Forest Foodbank was set up in 2012 in response to the local need, and is part of the Trussell Trust national franchise network of foodbanks with Coleford Baptist Church as Trustees. The ideal candidate needs to have the following personal attributes.
• be Self-motivated and have an ability to work independently.
• Good organisational skills,
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Empathy and an ability to work with a diverse range of people in an inclusive and proactive way.
• The Ability to lead, motivate, and support Team members and volunteers.
• Confident user of email, word processing and internet.
• The motivation and passion in driving the Foodbank forward.
• The ability and confidence to deal with challenging situations.
• A non-judgmental and positive attitude towards people who are in need.
• Ensure the ongoing work of the foodbank by regular liaison with:
• Current & potential donors of food (such as supermarkets, schools, churches etc)
• Current & potential voucher partners
• Attend the Trussell Trust regional and management meetings)
• Oversee the day to day running and management of all foodbank processes in line with Trussell Trust policies and procedures.
• Timely monitoring and responding to all queries and requests via phone, email.
• Delegation and supervision of duties as appropriate to Team Members
• Liaison with the foodbank trustees (Coleford Baptist Church) to ensure that they are kept up to date and are aware of any relevant policies and initiatives
For more information please contact Volunteer Manager Yvonne Wood on 01594 832428
Foodbank Christmas Opening Hours
MONDAY 24TH DECEMBER (XMAS EVE) - COLEFORD OPEN - 9.00AM - 11.00AM
TUESDAY 25TH DECEMBER (XMAS DAY) - FOOD BANK CLOSED
WEDNESDAY 26TH DECEMBER (BOXING DAY) - FOOD BANK CLOSED
THURSDAY 27TH DECEMBER - FOOD BANK CLOSED
FRIDAY 28TH DECEMBER - CINDERFORD OPEN - 9.30AM – 11.30AM
MONDAY 31ST DECEMBER (NEW YEAR’S EVE) - COLEFORD OPEN - 9.00AM - 11.00AM