Grants for heating and insulation for people with health conditions including mental health
Are you warm enough in your home? Are you struggling to pay energy bills?
About 11% of households in Gloucestershire are living in fuel poverty; they are living in cold houses they cannot afford to heat. This often has a detrimental effect on health. Conditions such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, arthritis, rheumatism, or cardio-vascular and respiratory diseases, as well as mental health issues can be made worse from living in cold and often damp houses.
Warm and Well is offering eligible households around the county partial grants to help top up various heating and insulation measures through its network of local installers Link to Energy. The grants will contribute towards:
- Internal wall insulation
- Room in the roof insulation
- Boiler replacement
- Other measures on a case by case basis
Eligibility criteria include:
- An eligible health condition
- If there is someone living in the property who is aged 60 or above
- If there are any children under the age of 16 or under 20 that are in full time education (excluding higher education)
- Or a combination of means tested benefits.
Warm and Well advice line on 0800 500 3076 for advice and information. warm-and-well-flyer4